If you missed the Public Workshop on Monday, January 15 or want to provide additional comments please complete the survey by clicking on the link below. The survey will remain open until Friday, February 2, 2018.
The East End Gateway will announce and articulate the arrival into Wolfville’s Downtown. The gateway will involve the design and construction of a number of elements that create a sense of arrival, provide community space, and support Wolfville as a tourist destination.
A preliminary design was developed through the Downtown Development Plan consultations, which will form the bases for future consultation with the community to develop a Master Plan. The Gateway space is framed by Victoria Avenue, Main Street and Willow Avenue and includes Willow Park and the NSPI lands.
Based on the Downtown Development concept plan and staff discussions, the following elements will be considered as part of the East End Gateway:
• Streetscape plantings;
• Trail and pedestrian linkage between south residential area, Willow Park and Waterfront Park;
• Parkland improvements on north side of Main Street to compliment Willow Park;
• Trail Head for the Harvest Moon Trail;
• New footprint of the Visitor Information Centre;
• Location of the Skateboard Park;
• Examine the possibilities of repurposing the Willow Park pond for a Splash Pad/Pad and winter skating surface;
• New tall decorative lighting to help announce arrival to the downtown.
Furthermore, the Gateway also includes upgrades to the Visitor Information Centre (VIC) and enhanced trail and pedestrian walkway connections through and from Willow Park to the future Destination Trail (Harvest Moon Trail).