Spring Clean-Up 2017
Published: Monday, 10 April 2017 10:57
Mark your Calendars!
The Valley Waste Resource Management Spring Clean-Up for Wolfville will occur on Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017.
Specific details of “What Goes” and “What Doesn’t” along with Clean up Rules can be found on Valley Waste Resource Management's Website (click link) or call Valley Waste at 902-679-1325 or 1-877-927-8300 toll free
- No more than 20 items will be collected from any one stop. An item is a single object, a bag or a securely tied bundle measuring no more than 1.2 metres in length
- Bagged garbage must be in clear transparent bags
- No more than 2 of any one appliance type (e.g. fridge, stove, water tank, etc.) will be collected at any one stop
- Items not collected during Clean–up are the responsibility of the resident and must be removed from roadside when the clean-up is finished
- Lumber or loose items must be bagged or tied securely in bundles no longer than 1.2 metres (4 feet). Nails should be bent over or removed for safety reasons
- Any one furniture or appliance item must weigh no more than 91kgs (200 lbs.) other items must weigh no more than 34kgs (75lbs.)
- Fridges, freezers and air conditioners cannot be collected until CFC’s have been removed and a sticker applied to the unit. The Eastern Management Centre at 100 Donald Hiltz Rd. in the Kentville Industrial Park, and the Western Management Centre at 343 Elliot Road near Lawrencetown at Exit 19 on Highway 101 will accept and service refrigeration units for a $20 fee.