Wolfville has a deep-rooted and rich heritage that we strive to preserve and celebrate. The Randall House is one such way that we do this.
The Randall House is a historic Horton farmhouse (circa 1800) and a community museum that reflects the way of life in Wolfville and its surrounding area in the 18th and 19th centuries.
The Randall family owned the house for three generations before being opened to the public in May 1949. Now, the 200-year-old traditional colonial dwelling gives a glimpse into the lives of the Randall family and the many other inhabitants of this quaint farmhouse. It displays the details of domestic and business life, and the contributions made by some of Wolfville’s leading families, farmers, merchants, artists, and clergy. Soak up the ambience of the period rooms on your own or with a guide.
Items in the collection include furniture made in Horton Township, fine costumes and textiles, paintings, china, glass, and even a collection of Victorian greeting cards. A small library and research office for local history and genealogy is located on the second floor, where copies of the extensive photograph collection are also kept.
Outside, an historic garden, which contains plants prominent in Nova Scotia circa 1840, is the perfect place to have a picnic.
Randall House is a window on the town's past and of the many cultures and inhabitants that helped shape the town's history.
The Randall House Museum
259 Main Street, Wolfville
Open: June 1 to September 15
10 a.m. to 5 pm. Wednesday to Saturday.
1:30-5 p.m. Sundays
WHS Members and children under 12 years of age FREE
For more information about the Wolfville Historical Soceity and the Randall House Museum click here!
The Wolfville Historical Society is a registered Canadian Charitable Organization that owns maintains and operates the Randall House. The Society's mission is to interpret and maintain the Randall House as a museum for the benefit of the members of the Society, the residents of Wolfville and its surrounding communities, and visitors.